President of JSC “Kazakhfilm” named after sh. Aymanov”
Director, producer, Honored worker of Kazakhstan, winner Of the state prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Akan Kargambayevich Satayev.
He was born in Karaganda city on the 23rd of December in 1971.
He graduated from the faculty of film and television of the Kazakh national Academy of arts named after T. Zhurgenov in 1994.
Akan Sataev founded the “Sataifilm” studio in 2003, and in 2007 he directed his first feature film “Racketeer”. The last high-profile work of the director - the historical blockbuster "Tomiris" - has become one of the leaders of the box office in Kazakhstan and is now preparing to enter the international cinema arena.
Filmography: "Racketeer" (2007), "The Brothers" (2009), "Lost" (2009),"Liquidator "(2011),"Myn Bala: Warriors of the Steppe"(2012),"Bauyrzhan Momyshuly "(2013),"Hacker"(2014),"Racketeer 2"(2015),"The Districts"(2016),"The Road to mother "(2016)," She "(2017), "The way of the Leader. Astana" (2018),"Businessmen "(2018)," Tomiris" (2019).
Department of “Kazakhfilm” studio
Activity–implementation of the thematic plan and preparation of scripts for feature, documentary, sci-fi, educational and animation films.
- Analyzing and evaluatingscripts including director’s scripts, concepts and applications
- Cooperation with scriptwriters
- Creative collaboration and step-by-step evaluation of film crews’ activity (screenings, resume, statements).
8 (727) 313-11-35
Marketing& Sales department
Activity – promotion of Kazakh films to domestic and foreign markets via sales&distribution
- Theater distribution
- TV distribution
- Digital distribution (DVD/Blu Ray)
- Market research; theaters, TV, DVD
- Concept and implementation of advertising campaigns
8 (727) 302-16-76
Activity – shaping up a cultural image of Kazakhstan internationally via promoting Kazakh cinemaabroad
- Participation in international film festivals, film markets and forums
- Finding international partners
- Market research: film festivals, film markets and forums
- Positioning a “Kazakhfilm” brand in international platforms
- Untroducing Kazakh cinema to vast international audiences
- Developing cultural cooperation and cultural exchange
8 (727) 313-11-21, 313-11-25
Activity – administrating and implementing production of highly artful cinematic and video production
- Administrating of film production
- Making the actual and strategic production plans
- Implementing financial and economic expertise for the projects
- Providing a statement for launching a film
- Negotiations with potential investors in order to attract finance for film production
- Providing a co-production with local and foreign film companies
8 (727) 302-17-08
The department includes:
Creative union for documentaries and chronicles
Head of union: Asset Yernazar
Creative union for animation filmsHead of union:AdayAbeldinov
Activity – media communications
- Providing the official info on behalf of “Kazakhfilm”
- Providing press with “Kazakhfilm” related news
- Organizing and helding press-conferences, briefings, creative meetings with filmmakers and foreign visitors
- Press tours
- Writing and distributing press releases in Kazakh and Russian
- Supporting studio’s official website in Kazakh, Russian and English
- Positioning and promoting the studio brand, PR-Campaigns
- Media monitoring
Head of press office
тел.: 8 (727) 302-14-37